The name “KADAZANDUSUN” is the generic and overall ethnic label to encompass and cover the ollowing cultural, tribal, linguistic, dialectical and speech communities:
….and of a person whose mother tongue is any of the above dialect and who habitually practices and xpresses the traditions, custom and other cultural manifestations of the same.
Types of Membership
There shall be six types of membership, namely;
Persons who have Kadazandusun fore bearers and who are 16 years or above shall be eligible to become ordinary members. Those below 18 shall be admitted as members with the prior written consent from their parents / guardians.
Any person other than a Kadazandusun who is above 16 years of age and who is married to a Kadazandusun and subscribes to the aims and objects of THE KOISAAN, shall be eligible to apply as an Associate Member, except that such a member is not entitled to vote or to hold office. Those below 18 shall be admitted as members with prior written consent from their parents / guardians.
Any registered non-political Association having Kadazandusun membership of not less than 30 at any one time whose members subscribe to the objects of THE KOISAAN shall be eligible to apply for membership as a Group member. The Central Committee shall have power to decide on the question of eligibility for group membership.
Honorary membership hall be conferred with the approval of the Central Committee on person or persons who have rendered valuable services to THE KOISAAN. Such Honorary members shall enjoy the privileges of full membership except that they shall not be entitled to vote or to hold office.
Life member is any ordinary member who subscribes a sum of RM500.00 or any such sum as may be decided upon by the Central Committee from time to time. However, any changes to the amount shall be with the approval of the Registrar of Societies. This amount may be payable within three financial years with effect from the date on which he subscribes to be a life member.
6. HONGKOD KOISAAN
Hongkod Koisaan member is any member who is directly registered with THE KOISAAN’s Headquarters and who is not a member of any other Branch or is in any existing member attached with a branch but choose to be attached to the KOISAAN Headquarters due to geographical or physical impracticality or dissolution of his former branch (as per Article 26 (5)), or any other reason whatsoever provided this intention is communicated in writing to the Secretary General and his membership had not ceased by operation of Article 9.
7. Where a member of a branch is also an attached member of the KOISAAN Headquarters, such member shall be given an option to choose and be registered in either one.
Application of Membership
1. Every application for ordinary and associate membership of THE KOISAAN shall be proposed and seconded by two existing members and shall be forwarded to the Secretary of the Local Branch, who shall, at the first convenient opportunity submit it to the Branch Committee for approval. The Branch Committee may at its discretion reject any application without assigning any reason thereof. Application for membership in centers where no branches have been established shall be dealt with in the same way by the Secretary General and the Central Committee.
2. Every application for Group Membership shall be signed by the respective Secretary General of the Group and such application should be forwarded to the Secretary General of THE KOISAAN together with a list of names and addresses of all the members or the Group.
3. Every application whose application has been approved as aforesaid shall, upon payment of the prescribe entrance fee be admitted as member of THE KOISAAN. He shall then be issued with a membership card as soon as practicable.
ARTICLE 9: CESSATION OF MEMBERSHIP
Any members or any types of membership shall cease to be one if any of the following events occur:
1. Upon death of a member or upon deregistration (for whatsoever reason) off a Group’s Association; or
2. Upon receipt of a written voluntary registration from membership; or
3. When he fails or neglect to pay subscription fee for three (3) year and hi arrears remain unpaid after having been served with notice by the Secretary General or any other person on the Secretary General’s behalf, to pay within a prescribed period; or
4. If he fails to observe or comply with the present rules, regulation, by-laws or resolution properly passed by THE KOISAAN; or
5. If he is expelled by THE KOISAAN for conduct which in the opinion of THE KOISAAN is injurious to the character of THE KOISAAN or the interest of the members. Provided always that before a member is expelled his conduct shall be inquired into by the Central Committee or a Committee appointed by the Central Committee and he shall be given full opportunity to defend himself and to justify his conduct.
6. A member who has ceased to be a member whether by resignation, expulsion or for any other reasons whatsoever shall not be entitled to any refund of his subscription.
ARTICLE 10: ENTRANCE AND SUBSCRIPTION FEES
1. The entrance fees for an ordinary or Associate or Hongkod Koisaan members shall be RM10.00 payable on application for membership;
2. The entrance fee for group membership shall be RM50.00 irrespective of number of members the Group has. (Thirty (30) or more) payable on application for membership;
3. The subscription fee for an Ordinary or Associate or Hongkod Koisaan member shall be RM1.00 per annum payable yearly in advance to the Branch Treasurers / Treasurer General.
4. Honorary members shall not be liable to pay any entrance or subscription fee.
5. The subscription fee for a group member shall be RM50.00 per annum payable yearly in advance to the Treasurer General.
For KDCA Manual registration, please download your application form here.