Kuala Penyu to kick off the Kaamatan on May 1
04 Apr 2012Kota Kinabalu: Kuala Penyu district, famous for its traditional dish "ambuyat" (gluey porridge made from sago starch), has been selected as the host for this year's launch of the state-level Kaamatan Festival celebration on May 1. Deputy Chief Minister Tan Sri Joseph Pairin Kitingan in announcing this, said the festival themed, "Love for Culture Spawns Caring Community" would be held at Dewan Shahbandar Makang and was expected to be opened by Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman. "Kuala Penyu has already achieved 80 per cent in its preparations for the celebration. Preparations for the district-level celebration have also begun, with Putatan the first district to organise the festival on May 5," he said, after chairing the committee meeting, Tuesday. Pairin who is Sabah State Kaamatan Festival Celebration Main Committee Chairman, said the theme this year was appropriate in fostering unity as Sabah was a role model for the 1Malaysia concept with regard to multiracial unity. Pairin who is also president of the Kadazandusun Cultural Association, said the climax of the state-level celebration would be at Penampang KDCA Hongkod Koisaan on May 30 and 31. Apart from traditional sporting events, Unduk Ngadau (beauty contest) and Sugandoi (singing competition), the festival will also highlight the culture of the seven sub-ethnic groups of Kadazandusun by Sabah Museum," he said. (Source from Daily Express, Wednesday, April 04, 2012)
Pesta Kaamatan Klang Valley 2012
02 Apr 2012Kopivosian! Dengan hormatnya kami menjemput?anda ke Pesta Kaamatan Peringkat Klang Valley 2012 yang akan diadakan pada: Pesta Kaamatan Klang Valley 2012
- Tarikh: 12 Mei, 2012 (Jam 12 t.hari)
- Tempat: Tun Rahah Grand Hall, Menara Yayasan Tun Razak, No. 200 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur. (MAP)
- Dress kod: Tradisi / Kemas / Kemas Kasual
- Tiket masuk : $10 Seorang (boleh di dapati di kaunter dewan)
- Meja istimewa boleh dibeli dengan harga $1,000 / $2,000 / $3,000 / $5,000:
- Tempahan?meja:?sila hubungi KDCA Klang Valley 019-3700521 atau emailkan kepada firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tarikh: 28 April, 2012 jam 7.00mlm
- Tempat: Palm Garden Hotel, Putrajaya (Perdana Ballroom) (map)
- Tema / Pakaian: Sodop Kilow Kilow? (Bling Bling Nite)
- Tiket masuk: $50 seorang (dengan menu makan malam) atau meja dengan 10 tempat duduk dijual pada harga $500 / $600 / $800 / $1000 mengikut kedudukan.
- Tempahan Tiket: Hubungi AJK KDCA Klang? Valley di http://kdcakv.webs.com atau email ke email@example.com atau 019-3700521.